1/19/09

Today.....



Dr. King's Words

It is one of my favorite days of the year....one in which we celebrate one of my hero's lives.....I don't have to tell anyone who he was.....we are in the midst of a turning point in our Nation because of his life, what he achieved and laid down his life for.....

Today I watched CNN rebroadcast the 17 minute speech given by Dr. King 5 years before I was born.....a pivotal time in our Nation's struggle to free itself from the oppressive hands of racism and segregation..... Our Nation takes a new step tomorrow with the swearing in of our 44th President....it is a monumental achievement that marks a great step for our Country. I know not what lies ahead for our Great Nation, I only hope and pray that God Blesses us with Grace and that we are able to truly be, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, WHICH IS INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!

My unwavering thanks goes out to President Bush for keeping our Nation safe and for being the best President and Commander in Chief he could be, during a very difficult Presidency, my husband was honored to have served under you.

May God Bless Our Nation and may God Bless Our New President.